Wednesday, June 20, 2007

the last couple weeks...

i haven't been saying much lately, but daily life continues...some days kind of exciting, most ordinary. trust me...i like the ordinary days the best. anyway, the photos and captions should suffice to recap our last couple of weeks...

we had a week at the beginning of the month with wonderfully warm weather...we went to jamison park in the pearl district to play in the fountain and wading pool...we brought a blanket and
set it out on the grass, ate snacks, relaxed...like being at the beach in the city!

of course, june 9th was a big day for nemo...birthday number 5, and the theme in decorations and gifts (galore) was CARS....nemo was very pleased, even though the original party at the park got rained out and we had to bring it indoors at home...ian scrambled to the store for "pin the tail on the donkey" and goody bags for the four kids and we ordered a big american dream cheese pizza...topped off with a yummy chocolate cake from jaciva's...the rain did not ruin the day!



oh, and right around this time, mia was learning where her belly button was...we're also working on eyes, nose, mouth, ears, toes, etc....she's a smart girl, this one.


another big day for nemo was june 15th, preschool graduation! he talked about it all week, even to tell me that he was going to receive a "certificate"...then, immediately asked me what a certificate was. anyway, the ceremony was very nice...they sang songs like "america the beautiful" and "this land is your land", and then they each had their names called while receiving the special certificate. nemo was pleased, and we are even more so as we're graduating on to tuition-free school for the next 13 years!!



we went through another week and a half of cool, gray weather, and just in the last couple days have returned to sunny, summer-like times...we've been relaxing outside, and today mia is finally starting to return back to her usual, curious little self...high fever and crankiness since saturday, but today mostly smiles!


6 comments:

Jonathan said...

I love the socks with sandles....love it

michelle said...

yeah...and the best part about these sandles is that they light up when he walks! didn't you have some shoes like that, too, jonathan?

Jonathan said...

LA lights!!!! I loved those things! Back in those days mom bought my shoes from Meijer and somehow they were still cool...just promise me you dont buy him those roller shoes, those drive me nuts!

Melissa said...

I think Nemo is going to be tall. And what a cute purple swimsuit! That is definitely a good color choice for her. Emma was excited to see Nemo's "Cars" birthday cake. And I asked Ella if she could say "Nemo." Her reply- "Elmo!" Oh well.

Julie said...

I love that he looks like a miniature old man in that last pic...like he's just practicing to be ornery. Haha.

Jonathan said...

It really is crazy to imagine that he has graduated pre-school. I feel like I just graduated pre-school. I mean he is only one year away from being the age that I was when I met Travis who will be my best man. Crazy... Did you ever feel like he was going to be tiny forever?